Video Premiere: V.C. "Roy M."
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Helsinki-based producer V.C. (a.k.a. Jukka Santanen) had a hand in bringing Scandinavia's exuberent, bass-driven skweee movement to life, and the artist's new video for "Roy M." demonstrates the genre's hyperchromatic sound in visual form. Created by Antony Barkworth-Knight, the piece begins with arrows that jet across a bright, single-colored background, gradually adding different shapes to its arsenal, as a choppy dancehall rhythm chugs along and sidestepping analog synths cram the soundscape. The forthcoming LP from which this track is taken, Invisibility, is set to drop on December 6 via V.C.'s own Raha & Tunteet imprint.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player