Video: The Range "Telescope"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Lifted from The Range's excellent and recently released Nonfiction LP, "Telescope" has been treated to a music video which takes its title quite literally. Consisting of a series of VHS-like distortions scrambling and swathing the image of massive NASA telescopes, the visuals disorient the viewer as galactic bodies rotate within the scrolling camera's gaze. The hollow cymbal strikes of The Range's production collide with a weighted pad motif and trumpeting synths that eventually give way to a muted chorus of harmonized voices—sounds which are complemented by the warped images created by director Peter Taylor.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player