Video: The Range "Telescope"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Lifted from The Range's excellent and recently released Nonfiction LP, "Telescope" has been treated to a music video which takes its title quite literally. Consisting of a series of VHS-like distortions scrambling and swathing the image of massive NASA telescopes, the visuals disorient the viewer as galactic bodies rotate within the scrolling camera's gaze. The hollow cymbal strikes of The Range's production collide with a weighted pad motif and trumpeting synths that eventually give way to a muted chorus of harmonized voices—sounds which are complemented by the warped images created by director Peter Taylor.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player