Video: The Range "Telescope"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Lifted from The Range's excellent and recently released Nonfiction LP, "Telescope" has been treated to a music video which takes its title quite literally. Consisting of a series of VHS-like distortions scrambling and swathing the image of massive NASA telescopes, the visuals disorient the viewer as galactic bodies rotate within the scrolling camera's gaze. The hollow cymbal strikes of The Range's production collide with a weighted pad motif and trumpeting synths that eventually give way to a muted chorus of harmonized voices—sounds which are complemented by the warped images created by director Peter Taylor.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player