Video: The Range "Telescope"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Lifted from The Range's excellent and recently released Nonfiction LP, "Telescope" has been treated to a music video which takes its title quite literally. Consisting of a series of VHS-like distortions scrambling and swathing the image of massive NASA telescopes, the visuals disorient the viewer as galactic bodies rotate within the scrolling camera's gaze. The hollow cymbal strikes of The Range's production collide with a weighted pad motif and trumpeting synths that eventually give way to a muted chorus of harmonized voices—sounds which are complemented by the warped images created by director Peter Taylor.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player