Video: Torn Hawk "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
The artists on Ron Morelli's L.I.E.S. imprint are known to explore their own paths, and this new visual from video artist Luke Wyatt's Torn Hawk project is no exception. Over its 15-minute runtime, the sprawling "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)" finds Wyatt splaying chorused guitar figures over a steady, motorik drum-machine beat that swells and crests lackadaisically. The video works within a similar motif, mashing together old VHS footage with low-resolution performance images and a random assortment of cultural ephemera. There might be some larger message hidden in the crinkled folds of "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)," or perhaps Wyatt is just following his own driftless muse, wherever it takes him.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player