Video: Torn Hawk "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
The artists on Ron Morelli's L.I.E.S. imprint are known to explore their own paths, and this new visual from video artist Luke Wyatt's Torn Hawk project is no exception. Over its 15-minute runtime, the sprawling "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)" finds Wyatt splaying chorused guitar figures over a steady, motorik drum-machine beat that swells and crests lackadaisically. The video works within a similar motif, mashing together old VHS footage with low-resolution performance images and a random assortment of cultural ephemera. There might be some larger message hidden in the crinkled folds of "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)," or perhaps Wyatt is just following his own driftless muse, wherever it takes him.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player