Video: Torn Hawk "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
The artists on Ron Morelli's L.I.E.S. imprint are known to explore their own paths, and this new visual from video artist Luke Wyatt's Torn Hawk project is no exception. Over its 15-minute runtime, the sprawling "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)" finds Wyatt splaying chorused guitar figures over a steady, motorik drum-machine beat that swells and crests lackadaisically. The video works within a similar motif, mashing together old VHS footage with low-resolution performance images and a random assortment of cultural ephemera. There might be some larger message hidden in the crinkled folds of "Born to Win (Life After Ghostbusters)," or perhaps Wyatt is just following his own driftless muse, wherever it takes him.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player