Warp Signs London Experimentalist Patten, Details Tate Britain Takeover
- Words: Patric Fallon
Some keen-eyed XLR8R readers might remember back to the end of 2011, when we profiled a nameless, faceless producer known only as patten for our Bubblin' Up feature series before going on to name the London producer's deliciously twisted GLAQJO XAACSSO LP our 29th favorite release of that year. And though he's since gone on to drop a handful of remix EPs for that album, as well as launch his decidedly boundary-pushing Kaleidoscope label, we haven't heard any new music from patten since. We're not sure how soon that will change, but with today's announcement that the secretive Londoner has signed with electronic-music institution Warp, we expect that a new patten record is imminent.
Cryptic as ever, Warp's announcement of the new signing was only accompanied by a brief clip of rainbow psychedelia and swirling atmospherics called "LL2." There was no mention of a new release on the way from patten, but the label did share details of its forthcoming takeover of Tate Britain in London, which is described as "a free evening of performance and installations from Warp Records and artist Jeremy Deller, inspired by Deller’s work The History of the World." Label affiliates Oneohtrix Point Never, Hudson Mohawke, Rustie, and patten are all scheduled to appear. All of the details for Warp x Tate can be found here, and patten's "LL2" clip can be seen below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player