Watch Bok Bok and Kelela Talk Collaboration and Making 'Cut 4 Me'
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Following the release of her Cut 4 Me mixtape via Fade to Mind, Los Angeles vocalist Kelela has made her way around the globe—including a stop in London, where she performed alongside Night Slugs boss Bok Bok (who produced two tracks on her mixtape, not to mention collaborated with her on a live mix). Following their performance together, both artists sat down to discuss their approach to collaboration and illuminate the process behind creating Cut 4 Me. The eight-plus-minute interview with FACT TV finds Kelela and Bok Bok talking about what attracted them to each other's music, and how Bok Bok approached writing beats (or at least modifying existing productions) to accommodate the singer's vocals. Furthermore, the pair talk about what they enjoy about performing live together, and give hints of what each has planned for the not-so-distant future. The full interview can be watched in the player below.
- FeatureHi-Five: Juju & Jordash Select Their Favorite Jazz Tracks
- NewsTechnics to Launch High-Resolution Download Store
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsNina Kraviz Details First трип Label Release; Preview It Now
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player