Watch Bok Bok and Kelela Talk Collaboration and Making 'Cut 4 Me'
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Following the release of her Cut 4 Me mixtape via Fade to Mind, Los Angeles vocalist Kelela has made her way around the globe—including a stop in London, where she performed alongside Night Slugs boss Bok Bok (who produced two tracks on her mixtape, not to mention collaborated with her on a live mix). Following their performance together, both artists sat down to discuss their approach to collaboration and illuminate the process behind creating Cut 4 Me. The eight-plus-minute interview with FACT TV finds Kelela and Bok Bok talking about what attracted them to each other's music, and how Bok Bok approached writing beats (or at least modifying existing productions) to accommodate the singer's vocals. Furthermore, the pair talk about what they enjoy about performing live together, and give hints of what each has planned for the not-so-distant future. The full interview can be watched in the player below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player