Watch Bok Bok and Kelela Talk Collaboration and Making 'Cut 4 Me'
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Following the release of her Cut 4 Me mixtape via Fade to Mind, Los Angeles vocalist Kelela has made her way around the globe—including a stop in London, where she performed alongside Night Slugs boss Bok Bok (who produced two tracks on her mixtape, not to mention collaborated with her on a live mix). Following their performance together, both artists sat down to discuss their approach to collaboration and illuminate the process behind creating Cut 4 Me. The eight-plus-minute interview with FACT TV finds Kelela and Bok Bok talking about what attracted them to each other's music, and how Bok Bok approached writing beats (or at least modifying existing productions) to accommodate the singer's vocals. Furthermore, the pair talk about what they enjoy about performing live together, and give hints of what each has planned for the not-so-distant future. The full interview can be watched in the player below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player