Watch Bok Bok and Kelela Talk Collaboration and Making 'Cut 4 Me'
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Following the release of her Cut 4 Me mixtape via Fade to Mind, Los Angeles vocalist Kelela has made her way around the globe—including a stop in London, where she performed alongside Night Slugs boss Bok Bok (who produced two tracks on her mixtape, not to mention collaborated with her on a live mix). Following their performance together, both artists sat down to discuss their approach to collaboration and illuminate the process behind creating Cut 4 Me. The eight-plus-minute interview with FACT TV finds Kelela and Bok Bok talking about what attracted them to each other's music, and how Bok Bok approached writing beats (or at least modifying existing productions) to accommodate the singer's vocals. Furthermore, the pair talk about what they enjoy about performing live together, and give hints of what each has planned for the not-so-distant future. The full interview can be watched in the player below.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player