Watch the Video for Dâm-Funk's and Snoop Dogg's "Faden Away"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
7 Days of Funk, the recently revealed collaborative project of G-funk and boogie impressario Dâm-Funk and veteran MC Snoop Dogg, has released a video for "Faden Away," the first single from the pair's forthcoming LP for Stones Throw. Using its retro vibes as inspiration, the laid-back tune's fittingly nostalgic visuals finds Snoop Dogg donning a jerry curl wig while both he and Dâm-Funk rock a smoke-filled party with their funky beats. The video even comes with a somewhat telling "To Be Continued…" tag just before its end, leaving us in anticipation for more video adventures from the blunted pair sometime soon. In the meantime, the clip for "Faden Away" can be watched below, before 7 Days of Funk sees an official release on December 10.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player