Archie Pelago Readies 'Lakeside Obelisk' EP
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Experimental Brooklyn trio Archie Pelago, who released the decidedly "chaotic" Sly Gazabo EP back in June, has announced that its next record will arrive early next year. The five-track Lakeside Obelisk EP sees the group pushing the tempos and purportedly "pay[ing] homage to classic sounds while remaining steadfastly original." The record's a-side is said to be a breezy listen that "evokes images of a blissful youth;" while on the flip, tracks like "Neighborhood Mephisto" offer a nearly nine-minute voyage that evokes the '90s-era techno of Galaxy2Galaxy. Archie Pelago will self-release Lakeside Obelisk EP on January 27, with a digital release following on February 10. Until then, the record's artwork and tracklist can be seen below.
01 D's Diamonds
03 Lakeside Obelisk
04 Neighborhood Mephisto
05 Saturn V
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player