Check Out New Mixes from Patten and Ital
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
London experimentalist and recent Warp signee patten recently released his first EP for the label, and has just today followed it up with a dizzying mix. In addition, Brooklyn-based producer Ital (pictured above) dropped a reflective, techno-heavy DJ set today.
"A mix of 45 minutes was requested, so the piece is comprised of 45 unaltered minute-long sections of music, one after the other, connected by various logics," patten says of his podcast for Dummy. On the other hand, Ital's naturally unfolding set for Juno Plus—featuring the likes of Sandwell District, DJ Sprinkles, Robert Hood, Drexciya, and the mixmaster himself—is composed of "tracks 'consuming' each other," according to the artist, which draws him in more than "raw and quick dirty cuts." Both patten's and Ital's mixes can be streamed and downloaded below; tracklists and interviews with both artists can be found here and here, respectively.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player