Container Announces New EP for Liberation Technologies
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Providence-based noise/techno producer Container (a.k.a. Ren Schofield) has announced that he's next in line to issue an EP for the well-curated Liberation Technologies imprint. Schofield, who has previously released via labels like Spectrum Spools and Morphine, works with a sound based on abrasively metronomic percussion and swaths of white noise. According to its press release, his forthcoming Adhesive record is described as "uncompromising," and is said to feature "the work of a producer working intuitively with the machines he surrounds himself with, a relentless pulse ever present at the core of these abrasive workouts." Container's four-track record is set for release on January 20, but before then, its tracklist and stream of opening track "Glaze" can be found below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- MP3Pedro Vian "African Echoes"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player