Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, RJD2, and More Headline Moogfest 2014
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Peter Boettcher
The East Coast festival of electronic music, technology, and art, Moogfest has been biding its time since it announced it would take place between April 23 and 27 of 2014, only sharing news of a competition and a handful of top-notch labels which will curate showcases during the event. However, we have now gotten word of the first wave of performers set to appear in Asheville, North Carolina this spring. Among the major artists named in the first installment of Moogfest's lineup are pioneering German electronic outfit Kraftwerk (who will perform with their renowned 3D visuals, pictured above), Italo-disco innovator Giorgio Moroder, Brainfeeder stalwart The Gaslamp Killer, Nile Rodgers' legendary Chic band, Philly beatmaker RJD2, Chicago house icon Green Velvet, and the Boston party-starters of Soul Clap. Festival goers will also be able to catch the likes of Lapalux, Darkstar, Daedelus, Shigeto, Wolf Eyes, Sasha, Adult., Dan Deacon, Toro y Moi's Les Sins project, and more. Tickets for Moogfest can be purchased here, and the lineup announced thus far can be found on the flier below.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player