NYC Club Night The Bunker Launches Record Label, Previews First Release
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After celebrating its tenth anniversary earlier this year, renowned NYC techno night The Bunker is set to launch a new record label next month. Operating under the same name, The Bunker imprint will release its inaugural 12" on January 13 of next year—dropping a three-track effort from Michael Hopkins (a.k.a. Leisure Muffin), a regular guest of the party. "I think it’s the weird music we present that oozes through the cracks and doesn’t fit into simple genre categories that somehow defines The Bunker and sets us apart," party/label head Bryan Kasenic told Resident Advisor in a recent interview. He continues, "The label will be a true reflection of this, as we release music from characters who lurk in the shadows of the party alongside established past guests who inspire us.” Before The Bunker officially gets the ball rolling, Leisure Muffin's plainly titled The Bunker New York 001 EP can be previewed below and pre-ordered via the label's Bandcamp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player