Simian Mobile Disco Readies New 12" with Trevino Remixes
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Returning to their own Delicacies label after the dropping the Tong Zi Dan EP back in October, the UK synth connoisseurs of Simian Mobile Disco (pictured above) have announced a four-track 12", which will feature remixes from Manchester producer Trevino (a.k.a. Marcus Kaye). Snake Bile Wine's title track slinks along with an insistent techno pulse and decaying synth riff, and Trevino provides two distinct techno remixes of the cut—one dubby and minimal, the other more glossy and anxious. "Balut," the single's b-side—named for an unborn duck fetus cooked inside a boiled egg—is an unnerving slab of demanding techno, with gurgling, industrial synths. Snake Bile Wine's physical release is set for January 20, 2014, and the digital version will land on January 27.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player