Stream Burial's New 'Rival Dealer' EP
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Though it was earlier reported that the new EP from shadowy Hyperdub icon Burial would be released on December 16, the UK imprint surprisingly elected to make the three-song effort available a week early. Even better, all three tracks from the Rival Dealer EP (artwork above) have been posted online and can be heard in their entirety.
In truth, the vinyl versions of Rival Dealer won't surface until next week, but the tunes can already be purchased digitally here. For those looking to give the tracks a listen first, Hyperdub has posted full streams on YouTube, which we've posted below. We've only been able to give the songs a cursory listen so far, but they do seem to find the mysterious UK producer delving into some new sonic territory. Much like his past few efforts, the songs here are elongated and could be described as having movements, but the sound palette has shifted somewhat; "Come Down to Us" even has a vaguely holiday vibe to it. Add in some unexpectedly political samples, and Rival Dealer is certainly an intriguing new chapter in the Burial saga.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player