Stream Burial's New 'Rival Dealer' EP
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Though it was earlier reported that the new EP from shadowy Hyperdub icon Burial would be released on December 16, the UK imprint surprisingly elected to make the three-song effort available a week early. Even better, all three tracks from the Rival Dealer EP (artwork above) have been posted online and can be heard in their entirety.
In truth, the vinyl versions of Rival Dealer won't surface until next week, but the tunes can already be purchased digitally here. For those looking to give the tracks a listen first, Hyperdub has posted full streams on YouTube, which we've posted below. We've only been able to give the songs a cursory listen so far, but they do seem to find the mysterious UK producer delving into some new sonic territory. Much like his past few efforts, the songs here are elongated and could be described as having movements, but the sound palette has shifted somewhat; "Come Down to Us" even has a vaguely holiday vibe to it. Add in some unexpectedly political samples, and Rival Dealer is certainly an intriguing new chapter in the Burial saga.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player