Video Premiere: Heatsick "Clear Chanel"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Coming off of his incisively playful Re-Engineering LP for PAN, Berlin-based artist Heatsick (a.k.a. Steve Warwick) has shared the video for album track "Clear Chanel," a CGI-heavy piece designed and directed by new-media artist Rachel Reupke. The visuals show a suspended tree trunk put into motion, rotating in time with Heatsick's filtered keyboard strokes. Next, a series of envelopes are inexplicably stacked and removed ad infinitum, possibly a reference to the feeling of riding an endless escalator which "Clear Chanel" offers. As the fluctuating production grows with bubbly incidents and a propulsive kick-and-snare pattern, Reupke's video plainly juxtaposes the two visual centerpieces.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
XLR8R Downloads Player