Watch a New Video from Dopplereffekt
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Sci-fi-centric techno duo Dopplereffekt has just unveiled a brand-new video, which is now available to stream exclusively on the Leisure System website for a limited time. Shot at the Marie Curie Institute in Paris, director Irwin Barbe's grainy, black-and-white footage whelms Dopplereffekt's percolating "Gene Silencing" track—lifted from the group's recent Tetrahymena EP—in withdrawn and sterile imagery. Flashing images of microscopic organisms, laboratories, and gaseous masses bombard the viewer, complimenting the scientifically oriented narrative woven by Dopplereffekt ringleader Gerald Donald. The clip for "Gene Splicing" can be seen for the next 21 days here.
In addition to dropping this sharp video, Leisure System is also preparing to celebrate the 20th edition of its residency at the Berghain/Panorama Bar with a DJ set from Paul Woolford's Special Request project, Visionist, Tim Exile, and more on December 13, the details of which can be found here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player