Watch Richie Hawtin Talk New Plastikman LP, Guggenheim, and the Ties Between Visual Art and Music Production
A new video interview with Richie Hawtin has surfaced, in which the techno veteran confirms that he has completed a new album as Plastikman. Catching up with Hawtin in Miami during Art Basel, Societe Perrier's interview finds the longstanding producer/DJ discussing how his recent gig as Plastikman at New York's Guggenheim Museum tore down some of his creative blocks, allowing him to complete the new LP in a matter of days. Furthermore, the always insightful Hawtin describes the role visual art has played in his musical career, and waxes philosophical about how the two creative mediums can inform each other. Societe Perrier's full interview can be watched below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
XLR8R Downloads Player