Watch Richie Hawtin Talk New Plastikman LP, Guggenheim, and the Ties Between Visual Art and Music Production
A new video interview with Richie Hawtin has surfaced, in which the techno veteran confirms that he has completed a new album as Plastikman. Catching up with Hawtin in Miami during Art Basel, Societe Perrier's interview finds the longstanding producer/DJ discussing how his recent gig as Plastikman at New York's Guggenheim Museum tore down some of his creative blocks, allowing him to complete the new LP in a matter of days. Furthermore, the always insightful Hawtin describes the role visual art has played in his musical career, and waxes philosophical about how the two creative mediums can inform each other. Societe Perrier's full interview can be watched below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player