Brian Eno, Giorgio Moroder, Flying Lotus, Todd Edwards, and More to Star in RBMA Feature Film
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Red Bull Music Academy—which announced details for its 2014 session in Tokyo back in November—has undoubtedly been a positive influence on electronic-focused and forward-thinking music for years. Continuing with its steady focus, the organization has debuted a trailer for an upcoming feature film that celebrates RBMA's 15th anniversary, titled What Difference Does It Make? A Film About Making Music. Directed by German filmmaker and artist Ralf Schmerberg, the documentary follows the events and exploits of the 2013 session in New York, and includes interviews from academy participants and music legends like Brian Eno (pictured above), Philip Glass, Giorgio Moroder, Lee "Scratch" Perry, James Murphy, Flying Lotus, Todd Edwards, and Erykah Badu, among many others. What Difference Does It Make? will premiere globally on February 17 in select cities—with confirmed US screenings in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and Detroit—followed by a free digital release on the RBMA site the next day. The official trailer for the documentary can be watched below.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player