Daedelus Offers Reward for Return of Stolen Gear
- Words: Patric Fallon
On New Year's Eve, longstanding beatmaker Daedelus had the misfortune of having his gear—including a laptop, hard drives, and his signature, one-of-a-kind Monome—stolen from his show at Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles. Still with no leads, the producer born Alfred Darlington is now offering a reward for the "return of any or all contents of my gig bag," "no questions asked." Darlington said of his loss, "Laptops and hard drives are replaceable, the data on which is (somewhat) backed up. However, the Monome are a little trickier. Even more than their disappearance, I feel like I've lost a connection with the hundreds of shows they have been present for. I have my memories, but their wood sides surely soaked up some of the same, and probably better retained."
Anyone with information regarding Daedelus' missing gear is encouraged to get in touch with him via his Facebook or Twitter accounts. In the meantime, Darlington has confirmed that his upcoming tour dates around the world will not be cancelled.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player