Doc Daneeka Shares New Mix
Doc Daneeka, the Welshman behind last year's "Walk On In" (a big tune which came in as one of our top tracks of 2013), has delivered a new mix entitled Music to… Warm Up Your Week. Accompanying i-D Magazine's quick interview with the Berlin-based DJ/producer/Ten Thousand Yen label head, the 40-minute mix covers the more soul-burnt ends of bass-minded house music; territory which has grown increasingly prevalent in Doc Daneeka's work. The full set can be streamed below, but, unfortunately at this time, without an accompanying tracklist to help us navigate its choice selections. And anyone in or around London on January 31st should make sure to catch Doc Daneeka at The Egg with Loefah, Dark Sky, xxxy, and others; the full event details can be found here.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player