Download a Live Improvisation Set from Pete Swanson
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Earlier this month, Danish creative organization WORM elected to give Brooklyn-based noise provocateur Pete Swanson full use of their studio equipment for a week, the outcome of which is a cerebral, 25-minute live improvisation set. Pete Swanson has been making waves in his post-Yellow Swans career, making incisive, techno-informed noise music under his given name for labels like Type and Software. The artist's recorded performance heavily features the "The Putney VCS 3," a semi-modular analog synth which creates a tapestry of scattered voices and bell-like rattles that Swanson bathes in crushing blasts of white noise. A full stream and free download of the live improvisation can be found below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player