Download a New Mix from White Material Boss DJ Richard
- Words: Patric Fallon
A quickly rising outpost for rough-and-ready dancefloor music in 2013, New York's White Material seems primed to flourish in the New Year. We've already named label affiliate Galcher Lustwerk an Artist to Watch in 2014, and now, White Material co-founder DJ Richard has made his first move of the year, dropping a brand-new mix of "'really dirty' 12"s." Appearing over on Juno Plus today, the hour-plus-long podcast arrived with no tracklist, but the sizable Q&A with DJ Richard that accompanies it reveals that his label will soon repress its first three releases (by Young Male, DJ Richard, and Galcher Lustwerk, respectively), with the next new record coming from DJ Richard himself. That whole interview can be read here, and the podcast—which its creator describes as being "made up of records that have been in heavy rotation in my sets lately... specifically house records that I have the most fun playing out"—can be streamed and downloaded below.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player