Download a New Mix from White Material Boss DJ Richard
- Words: Patric Fallon
A quickly rising outpost for rough-and-ready dancefloor music in 2013, New York's White Material seems primed to flourish in the New Year. We've already named label affiliate Galcher Lustwerk an Artist to Watch in 2014, and now, White Material co-founder DJ Richard has made his first move of the year, dropping a brand-new mix of "'really dirty' 12"s." Appearing over on Juno Plus today, the hour-plus-long podcast arrived with no tracklist, but the sizable Q&A with DJ Richard that accompanies it reveals that his label will soon repress its first three releases (by Young Male, DJ Richard, and Galcher Lustwerk, respectively), with the next new record coming from DJ Richard himself. That whole interview can be read here, and the podcast—which its creator describes as being "made up of records that have been in heavy rotation in my sets lately... specifically house records that I have the most fun playing out"—can be streamed and downloaded below.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player