Download a New Mix from White Material Boss DJ Richard
- Words: Patric Fallon
A quickly rising outpost for rough-and-ready dancefloor music in 2013, New York's White Material seems primed to flourish in the New Year. We've already named label affiliate Galcher Lustwerk an Artist to Watch in 2014, and now, White Material co-founder DJ Richard has made his first move of the year, dropping a brand-new mix of "'really dirty' 12"s." Appearing over on Juno Plus today, the hour-plus-long podcast arrived with no tracklist, but the sizable Q&A with DJ Richard that accompanies it reveals that his label will soon repress its first three releases (by Young Male, DJ Richard, and Galcher Lustwerk, respectively), with the next new record coming from DJ Richard himself. That whole interview can be read here, and the podcast—which its creator describes as being "made up of records that have been in heavy rotation in my sets lately... specifically house records that I have the most fun playing out"—can be streamed and downloaded below.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player