Efdemin Preps Third LP for Dial
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Berlin techno veteran Phillip Sollmann (a.k.a. Efdemin) has shared the deatils of his forthcoming third full-length, Decay. Set to appear via longstanding German imprint Dial in late March, the majority of Decay was produced during Efdemin's time in Kyoto, Japan, where he held a three-month artist residency during the end of last year. In a recent email exchange with Resident Advisor, Sollmann says his third LP "feels more coherent to me than the first two [Efdemin albums] and focuses more on the deeper side of techno, while bringing in some aspects of my sound-art-related works, like droning stuff and noises." The illuminating exchange also finds Sollman going into detail about the effect Japan and Kyoto had on his work and a particular temple he regularly attended and heard ritual singing which helped inspire parts of the record.
Before Decay sees an official release in March, its artwork and tracklist can be seen below, and RA's full interview with the ever-evolving Berlin talent can be read here.
01 Some Kind Of Up And Down Yes
02 Drop Frame
07 Track 93
08 The Meadow
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player