Efdemin Preps Third LP for Dial
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Berlin techno veteran Phillip Sollmann (a.k.a. Efdemin) has shared the deatils of his forthcoming third full-length, Decay. Set to appear via longstanding German imprint Dial in late March, the majority of Decay was produced during Efdemin's time in Kyoto, Japan, where he held a three-month artist residency during the end of last year. In a recent email exchange with Resident Advisor, Sollmann says his third LP "feels more coherent to me than the first two [Efdemin albums] and focuses more on the deeper side of techno, while bringing in some aspects of my sound-art-related works, like droning stuff and noises." The illuminating exchange also finds Sollman going into detail about the effect Japan and Kyoto had on his work and a particular temple he regularly attended and heard ritual singing which helped inspire parts of the record.
Before Decay sees an official release in March, its artwork and tracklist can be seen below, and RA's full interview with the ever-evolving Berlin talent can be read here.
01 Some Kind Of Up And Down Yes
02 Drop Frame
07 Track 93
08 The Meadow
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player