Kangding Ray Readies Fourth LP for Raster-Noton, Shares New Track
- Words: Glenn Jackson
German electronic experimenter Kangding Ray has announced plans to release his fourth studio album, Solens Arc, next month via Raster-Noton. As Resident Advisor reports, the 12-track record aims to form four compositional arcs across its run; the accompanying press release further explains that "the different sequences are arranged seamlessly into dense, evolving compositions, while keeping their autonomy."
Before the new LP sees a release on February 28, we are provided with a video for album track, "History of Obscurity," which utilizes a series of computer-processed, black-and-white waves to visually highlight the artist's patiently brooding piece of hi-fi techno. That clip can be watched in full below, where Solens Arc's artwork and tracklist have also been included.
02 The River
04 The River (Reprise)
05 Blank Empire
07 Amber Decay
09 History of Obscurity
11 Transitional Ballistics
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player