L.I.E.S. to Release New LP from Low Jack
- Words: DeForrest Brown
The steadily diversifying L.I.E.S. label has picked up French producer Low Jack (no stranger to XLR8R's pages), who—following a live performance commissioned by the Quai Branly Museum in Paris—has been given access to the museum's vast library to use for crafting his forthcoming Garifuna Variations LP. The original commissioned performance focused on the music and culture of the Garifuna people of Honduras, which the artist used as inspiration and source material for his live set. And though Low Jack had no intention of releasing the music, once L.I.E.S. caught wind of the live project, he headed into the studio to recreate the experience for an LP release. Mastered and cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy, Garifuna Variations is set to drop on February 18; the record's artwork and tracklist available to view below.
A2. QB Untitled 1
A3. Crickets Dance
A4. QB Untitled 2
B2. Punta II
B3. New Life
B4. Free People V2
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player