The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Burial, Four Tet, Jerome LOL, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. Earlier today, Burial (pictured above) unexpectedly posted on the Hyperdub website, offering up a promise of forthcoming new music, a heartfelt thank you to his fans, and a new photo that re-confirms his identity as William Bevan.
2. Highly active UK producer Four Tet issued another online bulletin this week, sharing a brand-new mix via SoundCloud.
3. The latest XLR8R podcast was delivered by LA producer and Body High co-founder Jerome LOL.
4. Following years of highly acclaimed singles, Norwegian artist Todd Terje announced the impending release of his debut full-length.
5. Last week, XLR8R headed down to Anaheim for the annual NAMM conference, and we followed up the trip with a thorough wrap-up of the best (and weirdest) things we saw.
6. North Carolina's upcoming Moogfest added a second wave of artists to its line-up this week, including Flying Lotus, Machinedrum, Audion, Moderat, and more.
7. On the heels of her new single for Eglo, UK vocalist Fatima released a new video for the Flako-produced "La Neta."
8. Actress issued his much-anticipated Ghettoville LP this week, and our official review found it to be something of a mixed bag.
9. San Francisco's Dirtybird label will soon be releasing a new compilation, Dirtybird BBQ, featuring music from Justin Martin, Catz 'n Dogz, and more.
10. Of all the tunes that popped up in our Downloads section this week, the most popular was Berlin producer Kyson's remix of WhoMadeWho's "Hiding in Darkness."
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player