M-Plant to Mark 20th Anniversary with EP Series and Compilation
- Words: Glenn Jackson
M-Plant, the label helmed by minimal techno pioneer Robert Hood, marks 20 years in the business in 2014, and will release a series of EPs and a new compilation to celebrate. Throughout the year, Hood will release a number of records which focus on his older work, pairing some of his classic tunes with new remixes and re-edits. The EPs will then eventually be put together as a compilation that will appear later in the year.
As Resident Advisor reports, Hood has stated that he wants to "re-imagine" M-Plant (a label that has almost exclusively released the producer's own music under a number of different aliases). "The younger generation weren't even born when it started, so I want to bridge the gap between the old and new," Hood further explains. "I don't want to make just another compilation. I want to celebrate the journey both looking back and to the future."
Exact details on the EP series are still forthcoming, in the meantime, Hood's 2011 XLR8R podcast can be revisited here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player