M-Plant to Mark 20th Anniversary with EP Series and Compilation
- Words: Glenn Jackson
M-Plant, the label helmed by minimal techno pioneer Robert Hood, marks 20 years in the business in 2014, and will release a series of EPs and a new compilation to celebrate. Throughout the year, Hood will release a number of records which focus on his older work, pairing some of his classic tunes with new remixes and re-edits. The EPs will then eventually be put together as a compilation that will appear later in the year.
As Resident Advisor reports, Hood has stated that he wants to "re-imagine" M-Plant (a label that has almost exclusively released the producer's own music under a number of different aliases). "The younger generation weren't even born when it started, so I want to bridge the gap between the old and new," Hood further explains. "I don't want to make just another compilation. I want to celebrate the journey both looking back and to the future."
Exact details on the EP series are still forthcoming, in the meantime, Hood's 2011 XLR8R podcast can be revisited here.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player