Mark E Announces New Album for Spectral Sound
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: James Loveday
The nine-track Product of Industry LP is said to be heavily influenced by the industrial history of the UK's Midlands region, where the respected producer and his family have presided for generations. In the album's press release, Mark E explains, "The name lies in the manufacturing past of the area [where] I grew up… How the decline of industry in the Midlands UK changed the landscape physically and socially—I'm now a music producer and DJ, and this is totally different to my grandparents, who were truck drivers and sheet metal workers." He goes on to further explain that the title comes from "how things have changed, and how I came to be in this position, due to the current global financial situation. I lost my job due to it, [which led to me] trying out music—and here I am, a product of industry, both currently and historically." In addition, the press release explains that the record was made with an emphasis on musical machinery, utilizing mostly analog gear, in comparison to Stone Breaker, which Mark E reveals was "100% digital."
Spectral Sound will officially release Mark E's sophomore full-length on April 28. In the meantime, the forthcoming record's tracklist is included below.
01 Kultra Kafe
04 Being Hiding
05 Bog Dance
06 Myth of Tomorrow
08 Image Monitor Learn
09 Leaving Osaka
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player