Motor City Drum Ensemble and Marcus Worgull Ready Collaborative LP for Kompakt as Vermont
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Danilo Plessow (the DJ/producer better known as Motor City Drum Ensemble) has revealed a new collaborative project alongside Innervisions affiliate Marcus Worgull. Operating together as Vermont, the pair is preparing the release of its self-titled debut LP via Cologone staple Kompakt.
Vermont is said to contain tracks that "emerged from a series of loose jam sessions" and render themselves more like "sleek soundscapes of Krautrock-ish proportions" than the dancefloor tunes one might suspect. In addition to Plessow and Worgull, a number of instrumental collaborators also make appearances on the record, including former Can member Jaki Liebezeit. The 14-track Vermont album will see a CD and LP release (with a bonus 7" for those who purchase the vinyl) on March 17. In the meantime, the record's artwork and tracklist are included below.
11 Macchina (side a on bonus 7")
13 Lithium (side b on bonus 7")
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player