New Catz 'N Dogz Label to Release 12" from A1 Bassline; Preview It Now
- Words: James Eaton
Grzegorz Demiañczuk and Wojciech Tarañczuk of Polish duo Catz 'N Dogz are set to launch the sister label of their already established Pets imprint, called Step, which will be inaugurated by UK artist A1 Bassline. As Resident Advisor reports, the DJ/producer born Christian Sibthorpe (a.k.a. Christian Piers, one half of Laszlo Dancehall) will drop his four-track 20 Salmons Down EP on January 13, offering the label's first foray into dancefloor music that "highlights the rawest forms and root functions of quality club music" and "isn't afraid to be rough around the edges." Before the record is made available in the coming weeks, its artwork and tracklist can be found below; previews of each track can be found here.
01. 20 Salmon
02. Hi And Lo
03. Some Things
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player