RIP School of Seven Bells' Benjamin Curtis
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Benjamin Curtis, an American musician best known as half of the Ghostly-affiliated School of Seven Bells band (which he founded alongside sisters Claudia and Alejandra Deheza in 2007), has passed away after a year-long battle with cancer. Diagnosed at the beginning of 2013, an outpouring of support and fundraising efforts from the music community immediately followed and continued to appear throughout the year, but Curtis was ultimately unable to overcome the terrible illness. He passed away on December 29.
At this point, no details of a potential memorial service have been shared, but School of Seven Bells' official statement on the young musician's tragic passing can be read in full here, while the Ghostly label's heartfelt words on the loss can be read here. Furthermore, an excellent and in-depth eulogy for Curtis appeared on Stereogum today, here.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player