Video Premiere: Presk "Saluki"
- Words: James Eaton
The forthcoming Saluki EP from Dutch DJ/producer Presk has been on our radar since before the holidays last year, but ahead of its release via Doc Daneeka's Ten Thousand Yen label next week, we've been treated to a premiere of the simple DIY video for that four-song record's title track. The clip focuses entirely on the movements of a painted dancer who is increasingly covered in vibrant colors as he twists, turns, wriggles, and writhes in front of the camera. Presk's slinky "Saluki" track works out a rubbery, synth-laden groove as he does this, maintaining the stripped-down beat which drives the dancing man's maniacal movements throughout the song's four-minute run. The Saluki EP will be available on January 27.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player