Video Premiere: Presk "Saluki"
- Words: James Eaton
The forthcoming Saluki EP from Dutch DJ/producer Presk has been on our radar since before the holidays last year, but ahead of its release via Doc Daneeka's Ten Thousand Yen label next week, we've been treated to a premiere of the simple DIY video for that four-song record's title track. The clip focuses entirely on the movements of a painted dancer who is increasingly covered in vibrant colors as he twists, turns, wriggles, and writhes in front of the camera. Presk's slinky "Saluki" track works out a rubbery, synth-laden groove as he does this, maintaining the stripped-down beat which drives the dancing man's maniacal movements throughout the song's four-minute run. The Saluki EP will be available on January 27.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player