Video Premiere: Presk "Saluki"
- Words: James Eaton
The forthcoming Saluki EP from Dutch DJ/producer Presk has been on our radar since before the holidays last year, but ahead of its release via Doc Daneeka's Ten Thousand Yen label next week, we've been treated to a premiere of the simple DIY video for that four-song record's title track. The clip focuses entirely on the movements of a painted dancer who is increasingly covered in vibrant colors as he twists, turns, wriggles, and writhes in front of the camera. Presk's slinky "Saluki" track works out a rubbery, synth-laden groove as he does this, maintaining the stripped-down beat which drives the dancing man's maniacal movements throughout the song's four-minute run. The Saluki EP will be available on January 27.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player