Young Turks to Launch Club-Focused Imprint with 12" from Terron
- Words: DeForrest Brown
The Young Turks label has always had its toe dipped in the pool of club music with releases from garage-referencing artists like Jamie xx and SBTRKT, but now, with the launching of its Whities imprint, the label seems to be diving in to dancefloor-ready sounds headfirst. As FACT reports, the new endeavor will be run by Boiler Room programmer Nik Tasker, who appears to be building the imprint to mirror the blank and unsolicited aesthetic of white labels and testpressings. Whities' debut record will come from London/Milano-based duo Terron, and will be limited to a 300-edition vinyl release when it drops on February 27. Until then, the a-side cut form that 12" can be streamed in full below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player