Young Turks to Launch Club-Focused Imprint with 12" from Terron
- Words: DeForrest Brown
The Young Turks label has always had its toe dipped in the pool of club music with releases from garage-referencing artists like Jamie xx and SBTRKT, but now, with the launching of its Whities imprint, the label seems to be diving in to dancefloor-ready sounds headfirst. As FACT reports, the new endeavor will be run by Boiler Room programmer Nik Tasker, who appears to be building the imprint to mirror the blank and unsolicited aesthetic of white labels and testpressings. Whities' debut record will come from London/Milano-based duo Terron, and will be limited to a 300-edition vinyl release when it drops on February 27. Until then, the a-side cut form that 12" can be streamed in full below.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player