Young Turks to Launch Club-Focused Imprint with 12" from Terron
- Words: DeForrest Brown
The Young Turks label has always had its toe dipped in the pool of club music with releases from garage-referencing artists like Jamie xx and SBTRKT, but now, with the launching of its Whities imprint, the label seems to be diving in to dancefloor-ready sounds headfirst. As FACT reports, the new endeavor will be run by Boiler Room programmer Nik Tasker, who appears to be building the imprint to mirror the blank and unsolicited aesthetic of white labels and testpressings. Whities' debut record will come from London/Milano-based duo Terron, and will be limited to a 300-edition vinyl release when it drops on February 27. Until then, the a-side cut form that 12" can be streamed in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player