Young Turks to Launch Club-Focused Imprint with 12" from Terron
- Words: DeForrest Brown
The Young Turks label has always had its toe dipped in the pool of club music with releases from garage-referencing artists like Jamie xx and SBTRKT, but now, with the launching of its Whities imprint, the label seems to be diving in to dancefloor-ready sounds headfirst. As FACT reports, the new endeavor will be run by Boiler Room programmer Nik Tasker, who appears to be building the imprint to mirror the blank and unsolicited aesthetic of white labels and testpressings. Whities' debut record will come from London/Milano-based duo Terron, and will be limited to a 300-edition vinyl release when it drops on February 27. Until then, the a-side cut form that 12" can be streamed in full below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player