Andy Stott and Miles Whittaker Detail Debut LP as Millie & Andrea
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two fixtures of Mancunian label Modern Love, dub-techno specialist Andy Stott (pictured above) and Miles Whittaker (a.k.a. half of Demdike Stare) have shared the details of their forthcoming collaborative debut album, an eight-track record called Drop the Vowels. The LP will follow the duo's string of 12" releases dating back to 2008, and is said to be "an album borne from a love of both pop and club music, made to evoke an adrenalized, hedonistic, as well as an emotional response." Stylistically, the music is said to offer traces of gamelan, rave, and jungle music, along with a decided focus on field recordings. Millie & Andrea's Drop the Vowels album will arrive on March 31 via Modern Love, and its artwork and tracklist can be found below.
01. GIF RIFF
02. Stay Ugly
03. Temper Tantrum
04. Spectral Source
06. Drop The Vowels
07. Back Down
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player