Boiler Room Launches New Series with an Insane Cover of Caribou's "Bowls"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Branching out from its ubiquitous party-in-a-room videos, Boiler Room has launched Beats Unraveled, a new series in which artists are invited to re-create the work of other established electronic producers live. Coming out of the gate strong, the first episode enlists Dutchman Binkbeats to cover Caribou's "Bowls." Re-creating the track in one take with the help of looping software, Binkbeats utilizes a few tables of gear and acoustic instruments to conjure up the wide array of sounds heard in Caribou's original (from his excellent 2010 LP Swim).
Although this new video marks Boiler Room's first Beats Unraveled episode, Binkbeats himself has been covering electronic tracks in a similar fashion for some time now, including cuts from Flying Lotus, Baths, and Lapalux. After giving the man's cover of "Bowls" a watch below, those interested can catch up on Binkbeats' other videos here. Furthermore, Boiler Room has also shared a "behind the stream" look at Binkbeats' first video for its new series, which can be watched here.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player