Dark Entries to Release Debut LP from Cute Heels
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Dark Entries, a San Francisco-based label that has been steadily gaining momentum with its prodigious stream of industrial, EBM, techno, post-punk, and no wave reissues and releases over the past few years—including the widely lauded 2013 collection School Daze, which compiled tracks from gay electronic pioneer Patrick Cowley—will soon be issuing the proper full-length debut from Colombian-born, Brussels-based producer Cute Heels (a.k.a. Victor Lenis). The eight-track album is entitled Spiritual, and will see the light of day on April 1. Lenis has been making and releasing music for several years, but most of his output has only been available digitally. Spiritual will be available on vinyl, and Dark Entries describes the album as "inspired by equal parts Liaisons Dangereuses and Drexciya," a claim that's certainly backed up by the raw, electro-techno pulse of first single "SV Forest." A stream of the track has been posted below, along with the LP's complete tracklist.
1. La Symphonie
2. SV Forest
3. Watch The Neon
5. Metal Disco
6. Methaphysic The Method
7. Calibre 2000
8. Future Dancers Last Rockers
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player