Darkstar to Launch Brief US Tour
- Words: James Eaton
Warp-signed UK trio Darkstar is set to follow up last year's News From Nowhere LP and its subsequent series of remix EPs with a quick tour of the US this spring. News of the tour arrived today with a note that the four upcoming performances would be Darkstar's first US appearances since releasing its album roughly a year ago, and that the band is currently in the studio working on new material. They had this to say: "This new material feels like elements from our older dancefloor productions and our more recent song arrangements are coming together. There's a feeling of urgency about them and the beats are a lot heavier. It feels exciting. We're trying them out in rehearsals and we hope to have some in the live set when we hit America in April." The short list of Darkstar's upcoming US tour dates can be found below.
April 25 - Moogfest - Asheville NC
April 30 - Glasslands - Brooklyn, NY
May 1 - 1015 Folsom - San Francisco, CA
May 2 - The Echo - Los Angeles, CA
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player