Delroy Edwards Releases Limited "No-Wave" 12"
- Words: James Eaton
Noise-techno firebrand, L.A. Club Resource boss, and fairly recent XLR8R podcast contributor Delroy Edwards dropped a surprise release today, a limited-edition eight-track 12" of "no-wave" productions called Teenage Tapes. Described as offering "four noise pieces ranging from vicious vocal assaults to nuclear drones nodding to Prurient and The Haters," in addition to "rhythm-driven pieces... ranging from Terminator II-style cues to a fusion of Lynchian atmosphere and rampant drum-machine patterns, coming off like [Angelo] Badalamenti meets Wold," the record's pressing of 500 is available exclusively through Boomkat's The Death of Rave imprint. "Initial copies" of Teenage Tapes will be pressed on clear wax, 40 random copies include a xeroxed, 22-page booklet, and all purchases come with an instant download of the full album.
More details on Delroy Edwards' new release can be found here, and its artwork and tracklist are available below.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player