Download a "Unique" New Mix from Jimmy Edgar
- Words: Derek Kaneko
Berlin-based DJ/producer and Ultra Majic label head Jimmy Edgar has dropped a brand-new mix which hints at the elements of his consistently evolving style. Elaborating on his process for creating the latest podcast for Resident Advisor, Edgar explained, "This mix was a long time coming, and went through seven or more revisions… I recorded the mix in my home studio in Berlin. I had the idea to try something new with the recording of it, and I decided I wanted to try and cut the entire mix on vinyl. This is exactly what we did with my friend Tim Xavier. We cut the recording onto about six dub plates and remastered it. The sound now is very subtle but unique, especially knowing some of the tracks I used were low quality mp3s and unmastered, unreleased music." The multi-talented artist went on to say that he was trying to reflect his DJ sets in a more "sit down" way, combining Detroit's "ghetto vibe and soul" with the "dub and techno" sounds of his current home in Berlin.
Jimmy Edgar's new mix can be streamed and downloaded here, where an interview in which he talks about his recently established label and his plans to delve further into visual arts is also available.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player