Gerry Read to Release New EP with Redshape Remixes via Aus
- Words: James Eaton
After a solid 2013 that saw him dropping a handful of 12"s and a self-released, limited-edition collection of exclusive tracks, oddball UK house DJ/producer Gerry Read has announced his first release of 2014, a four-track EP for Will Saul's Aus label. Alongside the two original productions from Gerry Read—namely, title track "Shrubby" and "Zig Zag"—will be a pair of remixes from masked Berlin technoist Redshape, who delivers a "Not So Serious Mix" and a "Disco Mix" of the EP's titular cut. Said to offer "unpolished beats and unaffected production," the Shrubby EP is set to arrive on March 24.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player