Gerry Read to Release New EP with Redshape Remixes via Aus
- Words: James Eaton
After a solid 2013 that saw him dropping a handful of 12"s and a self-released, limited-edition collection of exclusive tracks, oddball UK house DJ/producer Gerry Read has announced his first release of 2014, a four-track EP for Will Saul's Aus label. Alongside the two original productions from Gerry Read—namely, title track "Shrubby" and "Zig Zag"—will be a pair of remixes from masked Berlin technoist Redshape, who delivers a "Not So Serious Mix" and a "Disco Mix" of the EP's titular cut. Said to offer "unpolished beats and unaffected production," the Shrubby EP is set to arrive on March 24.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player