Hypercolour Preps New Maya Jane Coles Remix Package with Reworks from Bonobo, Kowton, and Dark Sky
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Fiona Garden
Back in 2011, UK label Hypercolour issued Don't Put Me in Your Box, a four-track EP from an up-and-coming producer named Maya Jane Coles. Since that time, Coles' profile has exploded, as she's become firmly entrenched in the top tiers of the international electronic circuit. Given that, it's not a total surprise that the Hypercolour camp has elected to revisit some of her early work in the form of an all-star remix package. The three-track collection is simply called Don't Put Me in Your Box (The Remixes) and will be released February 24 on vinyl; the digital release will follow on March 17. Preview streams have not been made available, but the remix pack definitely includes efforts from Bonobo and Dark Sky, who take on "Something in the Air," along with Kowton, who applies his sonic signature to "Parallel Worlds." The EP artwork has been revealed, and can be seen below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player