Listen to L-Vis 1990's Runway Soundtrack for Opening Ceremony
- Words: James Eaton
Another season of Fashion Week has come and gone in New York, and in its wake, some of the exclusive music which soundtracked its myriad catwalks and exhibitions has surfaced for public consumption—namely, Night Slugs co-founder L-Vis 1990's score for Opening Ceremony's Fall/Winter 2014 runway show. Called SHOWTUNES: OC FW14, the British DJ/producer's 12-and-a-half-minute mix of beat-driven music jumps between melodic, acid-drenched house to raw and percussive workouts which bring to mind his recent self-titled EP as Dance System. It's a visceral listen that kicks off with an homage to Technotronic's classic "Pump Up the Jam" single, effectively setting the tone for a mix of sounds that wouldn't be the least bit of place blasting from a club in the early '90s.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player