Listen to L-Vis 1990's Runway Soundtrack for Opening Ceremony
- Words: James Eaton
Another season of Fashion Week has come and gone in New York, and in its wake, some of the exclusive music which soundtracked its myriad catwalks and exhibitions has surfaced for public consumption—namely, Night Slugs co-founder L-Vis 1990's score for Opening Ceremony's Fall/Winter 2014 runway show. Called SHOWTUNES: OC FW14, the British DJ/producer's 12-and-a-half-minute mix of beat-driven music jumps between melodic, acid-drenched house to raw and percussive workouts which bring to mind his recent self-titled EP as Dance System. It's a visceral listen that kicks off with an homage to Technotronic's classic "Pump Up the Jam" single, effectively setting the tone for a mix of sounds that wouldn't be the least bit of place blasting from a club in the early '90s.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player