Listen to L-Vis 1990's Runway Soundtrack for Opening Ceremony
- Words: James Eaton
Another season of Fashion Week has come and gone in New York, and in its wake, some of the exclusive music which soundtracked its myriad catwalks and exhibitions has surfaced for public consumption—namely, Night Slugs co-founder L-Vis 1990's score for Opening Ceremony's Fall/Winter 2014 runway show. Called SHOWTUNES: OC FW14, the British DJ/producer's 12-and-a-half-minute mix of beat-driven music jumps between melodic, acid-drenched house to raw and percussive workouts which bring to mind his recent self-titled EP as Dance System. It's a visceral listen that kicks off with an homage to Technotronic's classic "Pump Up the Jam" single, effectively setting the tone for a mix of sounds that wouldn't be the least bit of place blasting from a club in the early '90s.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player