Listen to Lucy's Immersive 'Churches Schools and Guns' LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Touted as an album which sounds "like the act of searching" and with special attention paid to "misdirection and unpredictability," Churches Schools and Guns, the sophomore LP from Berlin producer—and last week's XLR8R podcast contributor—Lucy, can now be streamed in full exclusively on XLR8R ahead of its release next week. Slated to land via Lucy's own Stroboscopic Artefacts label on February 17, his 12-track album finds the artist using the steady pulses of techno simply as the backbone upon which to build imensely detailed collages of sonic abstraction. The exquisitely textured, 70-minute effort can be unpredictable, foreboding, and astonishingly immersive—sometimes all at once. Lucy's Churches Schools and Guns can be heard in its entirety via the player below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player