Listen to Lucy's Immersive 'Churches Schools and Guns' LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Touted as an album which sounds "like the act of searching" and with special attention paid to "misdirection and unpredictability," Churches Schools and Guns, the sophomore LP from Berlin producer—and last week's XLR8R podcast contributor—Lucy, can now be streamed in full exclusively on XLR8R ahead of its release next week. Slated to land via Lucy's own Stroboscopic Artefacts label on February 17, his 12-track album finds the artist using the steady pulses of techno simply as the backbone upon which to build imensely detailed collages of sonic abstraction. The exquisitely textured, 70-minute effort can be unpredictable, foreboding, and astonishingly immersive—sometimes all at once. Lucy's Churches Schools and Guns can be heard in its entirety via the player below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player