Locked Groove Drops New 12"; Preview It Now
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Belgian producer Locked Groove (a.k.a. Tim Van de Meutter) has quietly released a new record, a two-track effort for the We Play House imprint. The 12" first surfaced a couple of weeks ago, but was only available directly from the label or the Music Mania Records shop in Ghent. However, those outside of Belgium looking to pick up the vinyl-only offering should now be able to find the 12" a little closer to home, as proper global distribution kicked in yesterday. Clips of both tracks, "Aquarius" and "Latency (Sunrise Mix)," can be heard below, and demonstrate how the record finds Locked Groove exploring a sunny, Balearic-flavored take on breezy house sounds. It's a slightly different style than he's showcased on previous efforts for labels like Hotflush and Turbo, and it will be interesting to see if he continues to explore this direction in the future.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player