Matrixxman to Release 'XX Files' Sequel
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
There was a time when Matrixxman seemed more focused on establishing a bizarre, internet-based persona than making tunes, but the San Francisco-based producer seems to have put those days behind him. Furthermore, where he once experimented with a multitude of styles and genres, he appears to have settled on the dancefloor, as most of his recent creations have walked the line between house, techno, and disco. Last year's The XX Files EP for Brooklyn's Fifth Wall imprint certainly turned plenty of heads toward Matrixxman, and next month, he'll be issuing a sequel. The XX Files: Part II is slated to drop on March 31 via Soo Wavey, the label he runs in tandem with frequent collaborator Vin Sol, who also contributes to the new EP. The four-track record will follow Matrixxman's 808 State of Mind, which comes out next week on the newly founded Delft imprint. As for The XX Files: Part II, it will be issued on vinyl only. The artwork and tracklist are below.
A1. Soul M8
A2. Holographic feat. Vin Sol
B1. Jane Doe
B2. Artificial Intelligence
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player