Red Bull Music Academy to Inaugurate Annual Festival in New York
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Christelle de Castro
The relentless team of music-obsessed individuals at Red Bull Music Academy only just unveiled its first feature-length documentary yesterday, arriving one month after enrollment for 2014's upcoming school sessions in Tokyo was opened. Not content to sit on their laurels, the RBMA event planners have shared yet another piece of enticing news, the brand is preparing to launch an annual festival in New York later this year. The music and art event series aims to follow in the footsteps of the RBMA-presented concerts and lectures which featured the likes of Four Tet, Flying Lotus, Brian Eno, James Murphy, and Giorgio Moroder during last year's classes in New York, and is scheduled to kick off sometime in May. Though little other information is currently available on RBMA's festival plans, more announcements are said to be on the way in the coming weeks.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player