Watch DJ Sprinkles Talk Early Career, SoundCloud, Culture Jamming, and More
- Words: Glenn Jackson
A singular force in house music, Terre Thaemlitz (a.k.a. DJ Sprinkles) is one of the more opinionated and well-spoken artists within the world of underground dance music. In a new interview, the Tokyo-based producer/DJ touches on the past before going on to offer up some uncut opinions about digital services like SoundCloud and YouTube, the ingenuous use of "community" by musicians, and more. Appearing as part of NYC production school Dubspot's Wireless interview series, the 10-minute interview finds Thaemlitz eager to discuss some of the online world's more confounding issues, as well as explain why the artist has what is arguably the longest album ever released. Dubspot's full interview with DJ Sprinkles can be watched below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player