Watch a Mini-Doc on the History of Dance Mania
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Late last year, Strut announced it would release a double-disc retrospective of pioneering Chicago house label Dance Mania. Now, with the comprehensive Hardcore Traxx compilation set to drop next week, a new mini-doc has surfaced which chronicles the history of the imprint. Built around a new set of interviews with Dance Manica label head Ray Barney and veteran Chicago producers/DJs Parris Mitchell, Duane Buford, and Wax Master, the 15-minute clip follows the creation of the label out of a brick-and-mortar record store (pictured above) and its role in establishing the "ghetto-house" sound. The full documentary can be watched below before the Hardcore Traxx retrospective sees its official release on February 11.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player