Watch a Mini-Doc on the History of Dance Mania
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Late last year, Strut announced it would release a double-disc retrospective of pioneering Chicago house label Dance Mania. Now, with the comprehensive Hardcore Traxx compilation set to drop next week, a new mini-doc has surfaced which chronicles the history of the imprint. Built around a new set of interviews with Dance Manica label head Ray Barney and veteran Chicago producers/DJs Parris Mitchell, Duane Buford, and Wax Master, the 15-minute clip follows the creation of the label out of a brick-and-mortar record store (pictured above) and its role in establishing the "ghetto-house" sound. The full documentary can be watched below before the Hardcore Traxx retrospective sees its official release on February 11.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player