Watch RBMA's New Documentary Featuring Brian Eno, Flying Lotus, Giorgio Moroder, Richie Hawtin, and More
- Words: Melkorka Licea
After announcing the film's debut in January, Red Bull Music Academy's illuminating documentary What Difference Does it Make? A Film About Making Music is now available to stream and download for free. Directed by Ralf Schmerberg, the piece features interviews from notable artists and legendary icons such as Brian Eno, Philip Glass, Giorgio Moroder, Lee "Scratch" Perry, James Murphy, Flying Lotus, Richie Hawtin (pictured above), Todd Edwards, Erykah Badu, and Thundercat, among others, and seeks to explore the overarching concept of what it means to be a musician in this day and age, as well as to showcase the academy's 2013 edition in New York.
Created in celebration of RBMA's 15th anniversary (and perhaps as a teaser of what to expect from 2014's upcoming sessions in Tokyo), the film also sheds some light on the artists' trials and tribulations and how they look for the inspiration and motivation to create, as well as ideas like the rise of visual-based DJ performances. You can watch the compelling and inspiring documentary below, and learn more about the feature here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player