Watch Sound Pellegrino's Silly New Animated Video from Teki Latex and Eero Johannes
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
French label Sound Pellegrino is well-known for its fun-loving ways, but the imprint's new video for "Things That I Do," a song by label co-founder Teki Latex and Finnish producer Eero Johannes, just might be its goofiest offering yet. The song originally appeared on the second installment of the label's Crossover compilation series, and finds Teki crooning about all of his annoying tendencies as a boyfriend over Johannes' skittering snares and electro-funk flourishes. (For the record, it's not clear how much of the song is autobiographical and how much is Teki simply playing a character.) Interestingly enough, the video was somewhat inspired by Teki's girlfriend, who commissioned illustrator Pierre Thyss to do a drawing of Teki for his birthday. When the time came to make a video for this song, the Sound Pellegrino camp figured that Thyss was the perfect candidate to put together a series of images for the clip. Given the subject matter, Sound Pellegrino decided that Valentine's Day would be the perfect time to debut the video, and sent it along with this message: "This one goes out to all lovers, the couples, and the single lovers. The ones that make compromises and the one who can't. Happy Valentine's Day!"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player