Watch Teebs Talk New Artwork, Creative Process, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
In a new video interview put together by LA photographer Theo Jemison and visual artist Strangeloop, SoCal beatmaker and Brainfeeder affiliate Teebs—who, thankfully, will finally release his sophomore album E S T A R A on April 8—discusses his new series of paintings which will appear in the upcoming Ante Vos exhibit. The artist born Mtendere Mandowa talks about where his inspiration for repurposing old record sleeves as canvases for his painting comes from and what his process for creating each piece is like, as music from his forthcoming album for Brainfeeder plays in the background.
Teebs' art show kicks off tonight in LA at Space 15 Twenty, and is said to feature "a collection of 400 sleeves with guest collaborations," in addition to "three weekends of events with special visual and sound releases catered specifically to each night." The full event details can be found here; the new interview with Teebs can be seen below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player